BURKE SCIENCE BUILDING
Originally built in 1954 the Burke Science Building was 5 stories high and 150 000 SF making it the largest building on McMaster’s campus at this time.
In 2004 the Mantecon Partner’s team began working on renovations to provide laboratories and classrooms to a range of faculties including business, social sciences, humanities, and arts and science. Later, the new development began. This project involved the implementation of new windows, a building envelope and asbestos removal. The engineers and design teams attentively worked to apply new electrical, HVAC, and plumbing upgrades. All of this had to be completed efficiently over 3 separate stages to allow continuous occupancy in the building.
Mantecon Partner’s engineering team designed this historical and architecturally significant building to meet LEED Silver certification.